Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Anniversary To Me!

Comrades, it's been about one year since I returned to the ANP, and I have absolutely no regrets. Returning was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. Leaving was one of the worst.

I have been a member of basically two other organisations. When I joined the NSALP, everything SEEMED to feel right - at first. Then, one by one, the little red flags went up. I won't go into any detail because that would be sort of trashing another group and I won't do that unless it's unavoidable, meaning that I can't make my point without doing so. Let's just say that one by one the flags went up, but still I stayed. I hoped as one of the party officers, I could help to remove a few of those flags. Didn't work out that way.

When my superiors went MIA, and I took over as ACTING Chairman, my first concern was the membership. Technically Party By-Laws didn't allow me to do what I did without approval of certain other party officials. But they were nowhere to be found, so I did what I thought was right.

Realizing my limitations, and my lack of experience, I knew I couldn't lead the party myself, I arranged a merger with another group. That was an even bigger mistake. Things again SEEMED okay - at first. Then our leader was ousted by an internal coup and things went downhill very quickly.

There was arguing, insults, accusations, and plenty of drama in general. I got to the point where I had had enough. I remembered that none of this crap went on in the ANP. Chairman Suhayda never gave up on me. He contacted me every now and again and tried to set me straight. For two years, I refused to listen, even though I knew deep down that he was right. I openly called him pig-headed, but I was the one who was pig-headed. I figured I made several important decisions, and I had to stick by them. It was stubbornness, plain and simple, but finally I got the message.

Once again I want to thank Chairman Suhayda for giving me a second chance. Several ANP officers, including the chairman have told me I'm doing a good job. I'm very grateful for being allowed back, and I won't let anyone down again.

BTW, just two months until Christmas! Have you started your shopping yet? Well, I haven't, but I will in a week or two. Good luck with yours!

Dan 88!

No comments:

Post a Comment