Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm off!

Well, today's the big day. I'm off to Laurens. I have to admit I'm kind of nervous. What with meeting everyone in person for the first time, except Comrade Axl whom I met last April at the California conference, combined with the flight across country, I'm a little jittery. I'm not afraid to fly or anything. It's just getting to the airport, checking in, putting up with TSA's BS, and sitting in those cramped seats for five hours, plus the two hour layover in Dallas, it's kind of getting to me.

However, this isn't the first time I've flown. It's the sixth. The last time was six years ago when I went back to New Hampshire for a visit. I'm not an expert, but hardly a novice either.

I think it's only fair to give a little warning. I will be back on Sunday night. My brother Ken, who lives a few spaces away in the same mobile home park, and a good friend who lives across the street are both watching my house. Ken has a rather nasty temper. If he caught anyone breaking into my house, he'd let his 12 gauge do the talking and I mean it. My friend Greg's nickname is Kong. It's not because he's Black, it's because he's gynormous. He could wear King Kong's hand-me-downs, seriously.

Only Ken and Greg are authorised to be on my property (my mobile home space). Anyone else is to be treated as an intruder. Their cases will be heard by Judge Colt and his jury of six. I heard that one on a Western. LOL

Anyway, I have a really great post already scheduled for tomorrow. It exposes many of the myths of Black inventors. Did Blacks really invent the gas mask, blood plasma, the refrigerated truck, and many other things we take for granted? Find out tomorrow.

Dan 88!

No comments:

Post a Comment