Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Condolences To Jeff Hall's Family

Comrades, this tragic event was a shock to many of us. Mr. Hall was by far not my most favourite person, but neither am I glad that he's dead. He was part of an organisation that represents the worst aspects of our movement. He also liked to spend his time creating and spreading rumours about the ANP.

To make matters worse, he was a terrible liar. By that I mean he told lies terribly. He wasn't good at it. He spread false rumours about me that if true would have been reported by the media when I was outed last summer whilst running for school board.

He made wild accusations about other ANP leaders. Even other groups were not immune from his lies. He told many stories of ANSP's leader Paul Mullet. As a former member of Mullet's group I know for a fact SOME of the things he said about Mullet had some truth to them, but others were lies or exaggerations.

Therefore, I won't say I'm glad he's dead, but I don't have any sympathy for him either.

The one I really feel sorry for is his son. At ten years old, his life is more or less over with. None of us can seriously blame the boy. I know ten-year-olds are a little more sophisticated than when I was ten, but he couldn't possibly be fully cognizant of what his actions would mean to the rest of his life. At the very least, he will spend the next several years in a mental institution, or in the California Youth Authority (Juvenile Penitentiary).

I would also like to state that California law requires that in any household where there are children under the age of 16, all firearms must be kept either locked, or have trigger guards at all times. This is a good lesson for us all. We all have the right to keep and bear arms, but this doesn't apply to children. Mr. Hall would be alive today if his weapons had been properly secured according to state law.

So I do offer my condolences to his family. I'm sure they are all shocked by this tragedy, and I sincerely hope the boy gets the help he so desperately needs.

As this is more or less a local story for me, I will be getting more information than will the rest of the country. I will update the story as more information becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment