Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sorry...

Comrades, about a half hour before I sat down to write this, I got some very bad news. Someone close to me (not a relative) was accidentally killed today. He fell in his own house and died. As they say, most accidents occur in the home. I was just talking to him the day before. You just never know. Some Mother's Day present for his mom this year.

This reminds me of something I once heard: A young man believes he will live forever. A middle-aged man knows he will not. An old man has accepted this.

It makes you realise that your number could be up at ANY time. Anyway, it's hard for me to think about anything else at this time, so I'll just remind you all of a few things today.

1. It's pledge time again. If they're not in the mail yet, let's get on it.

2. May is here, and it's May Blitz month. I hope you have your literature at least ready to go. You should have gotten started Friday and/or Saturday night. It would be a good idea to do some every weekend. I started yesterday with flyers, and today I left cards around. I doubt I'll be going out tonight, though. I might go for a walk tonight, and I will put up a few stickers while I'm at it. But I'll be back into things by next weekend.

3. The ANP is having it's first Mid-West Conference on June 4. Contact HQ for details and to make a commitment to attend. The first one is the most important. Only you Mid-Westerners can make it a success.

4. The Big One in Laurens is getting closer. If you can only attend one event people, this is the one to go to. If you come, you get to shake my hand if you enjoy my writing, or punch me in the face if I annoy the hell out of you! LOL

Well, that's about it folks. Nothing new on the Hall case. The authorities are examining his children for evidence of abuse, but nothing definite yet. Preliminary reports say the kids have been abused but we'll have to wait until they finish their examinations before any more information is released.

Dan 88!

No comments:

Post a Comment