Friday, May 20, 2011

Two More Weekends Left!

Comrades, originally I was going to post a rather humourous NS related story, but since today is Friday, I thought this a little more important because this evening is the first night of the third weekend in May. I'll post the other story tomorrow.

What do I have to say the can't, or rather, shouldn't wait? This weekend is the third of four weekends this month. For those of us who are not out-of-work, it's the second-to-last-chance for distributing literature for the May Blitz.

If you haven't yet done anything, your time is almost half over. Of course there is always June, but the more that is given out at or about the same time, the more effective it is. We need every able-bodied Supporter to get out there and get the word out. I know of at least one Ca. Supporter who is in very ill health, another who works seven days a week, and another who works nights. OK, they have an excuse, but what about the rest of you? And I'm not talking to Ca. Supporters only. I'm talking to EVERYBODY! It only takes a few hours to copy some flyers, put them in zip-lock bags with rocks, and toss them on peoples lawns and driveways - and you can fill the baggies while watching TV, so what's your excuse? I bet 90% of you have no real excuse. If you think you don't have the time, I bet you can make it if you try. Give up a little TV on a Friday or Saturday night. Skip going out to your local bar one time. There are a lot of ways to make extra time if you think about it, and are willing to give up one or two leisure activities. After all, if you won't do it, who will?

On an episode of "The Simpsons" when Homer ran for Sanitation Commissioner, his campaign slogan was, "Can't someone else do it?" Sadly, this is how the majority of people think. I sincerely hope that none of you are like that. If it's true, then nothing will ever change. Only through hard work and sacrifice will things ever improve in this burnt-out country of ours.

Now I don't want anyone to think I'm bragging. I'm just pointing out that even I am participating in this literature drive. 400 pieces given out this month. I'm going to give out as much as I can, but my personal minimum is at least a total of 500. I'm almost completely out of stickers and cards. Good thing the flyers are free! Last weekend, I leaned heavily on the stickers. We have a graffiti problem around here. So every time I go out at night and see a bunch of graffiti, I slap a few stickers over it. I'll make a bargain with the taggers, most of whom are Mestizos. I'll stop with the stickers, if they stop marring this neighbourhood, which is as much mine as theirs, with their ugly wall scrawls. (I'll just go to another neighbourhood LOL).

So stop with the excuses, and make with the literature. As a wise man once said, "Each of us is given just so many days. Waste one, and you never get it back." Who was it that said that? I did! I often quote myself! LOL

BTW, for those of you who have been wondering where your "White Worker" has gotten to, they are finished and either on their way, or will be immediately. 24 pages this time. Good work, Comrade Axl.

Dan 88!

2 comments:

  1. One thing I might suggest, and I'm not sure if anyone else has had this cross their minds, but what if when we're preparing our literature blitzes, and are handling the bags and flyers, what if we did so with gloves on (I use surgical ones, as a box of them is cheap at the pharmacy)?

    Why? On the off-chance that some local law enforcement agency tries to life a set of (or even one) fingerprints from the bags and paper flyers. It may seem paranoid to some, but I call it being uber-careful. Your mileage may vary.

    Best Racial Regards,
    ~Dr. Johann Hauptmann 14/88!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "lift" a set of prints. Himmel Gott!

    ~Dr. Johann Hauptmann 14/88!!

    ReplyDelete