Saturday, June 11, 2011

Laurens Conference

Comrades, the Laurens Conference is now only 43 days from today! I really urge everyone to attend.

For those of you who think you can't afford it, I've done some checking. I was originally planning to drive out with two other comrades. I've changed my mind. That drive would be a grueling 38 hour, 3600 mile drive each way, and all in one week. Yow! That's a long way. It will cost each of us $250 in gas, plus food, and for me about $75 in kennel fees for my critters. Flying will cost me only $75 more. About $150 more for my two Ca. Comrades, as they would fly together since they are married. Plus he would only have to ask for two days off instead of five. Well worth the small extra cost. Plus as you can imagine, we'd all be exhausted by the time we got there. Hell, if you really knew me, I could get there Friday afternoon, go to the motel, fall asleep, and oversleep the conference on Saturday because of exhaustion. Then we'd have to turn around and start all the way back the very next day! I only drove last year because everyone said I'd never make it in that amount of time, and I knew I could and I wanted to prove it. OK, I proved it last year. Once is enough. BTW, what if I had a breakdown? There's even more money spent, and I could miss the conference because of it. I'm flying. But, I STILL HATE TSA! I can live with it.

Now, for those of you who live the same distance as me, it would cost you the same. With airfare, motel, and food, you could do it for between $500 and $600. It's really not that much if you think about it. I myself was able to save $650, plus I have a credit card with a zero balance for emergencies or a few extras.

If you live 1,000 miles away, cut your airfare in half. Not too bad, really. There's still time for you to attend. For those of you who have Sat. and Sun. off, all you'd need is to get Fri. off. Since it's just one day, just call in sick so you can be sure to get the day off. For those who work weekends and can't spare the time, we understand. Even the Fuhrer said we all have to earn our daily bread (daily bread are his words).

If you live less than 1,000 miles away, you really have no excuse, unless you work weekends. Like Hitler said, our daily bread. You can drive 800 miles in 12 - 14 hours if you don't screw around, and it would cost about $200 or less round trip. So let's stop with the excuses and I'll see you there! Like I said before, for those of you who like me, it's a chance to shake my hand. For those of you who don't, it's a chance to punch me in my big mouth! Bear in mind, I punch back. LOL

BTW, I met with our East Coast Comrade today. I'm still withholding his name, but he is an SA Man. Real nice guy. We had a good time, and he'll also be at Laurens. Come, and I'll tell you who he is. Get this, he actually likes California! Oh well, when you're young you don't know that much. Besides, he's staying up in a town in the Mojave Desert. It really is not as bad as here in San Bernardino. But you still have to deal with general California BS like Governor Jerry Brown-stain and his bleeding heart liberal comrades up in Sacramento and a tidal wave of Mestizo illegals. He's never been here before, and the desert is so different from back East, so he likes it. Let him live here for a year or so and he'll change his tune, I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment