Comrades, I'm writing this because of an article in the last issue of the White Worker regarding saving for your retirement. You may recall I posted a similar article last week.
Once again, I will repeat myself and the WW article by saying WE MUST ALL LEARN TO LIVE WITHIN OUR MEANS.
This is not as difficult as it sounds. First of all, we must not allow ourselves to be seduced by the advertising industry. Remember, it is their job to make people want every single bit of technocrap and plastic junk from China that is churned out on the never ending assembly lines.
It is Madison Ave., (advertising industry) that perpetuates the old "keeping up with the Joneses", which means profits for them and the Judeo-Capitalists they work for (the elite 10%), and debt slavery for the rest of us (90%).
The next time you are thinking of buying something, ask yourself if it's something you NEED, or just something you WANT. Indeed, most of the things we have are what we want, not what we need.
Do you really need a cell phone with internet access? In this information age, the internet comes in handy, but if you already have a computer, you don't need internet access on your phone. No one really needs an IPod or IPad. Joe and Jane Average have little real use for a Blackberry. Do you need a huge SUV, or do you just want one?
Having these things makes us feel important, and makes others think we're successful. But the price for that maybe Cup O' Noodles for retirement, with pet food on the side. Far fetched? Not at all. Times are bad, and will inevitably worsen. Retirement age will come sooner than you think. Even if you're 25, one day you're young, the next you're in your 50's saying, "What the hell happened to my life? I've become my father!"
I live within my means. I have an older truck, I sold my Harley because it needed $1000 worth of repairs and the only way to do it was to either spend some of my savings or go into debt - for something I wanted, but didn't need. I use a six year old computer with XP, my cellphone is just a cellphone (no internet access), I don't have a big screen HD TV. No cable or satellite (it's mostly Jew-crap anyway). I live in a mobile home. Once you own it outright (which do), it's the cheapest way to live. The average apartment around here rents for $800 - $1000 a month for one bedroom. My space rent is about $500. Can't beat that.
Owning a home is the best way to go - if you can afford it. You build up equity (unless you're foolish enough to pay interest-only), plus it's a good tax write-off. But if you're a new home owner, and you have one of those mortgages that will readjust much higher in a few years where you won't be able to afford it unless you're bringing in more money, you've set yourself up for disaster.
Aside from living within my means, this is what I do. I have a bank account that automatically takes $75 out of my checking account every month, and puts it in a savings account. Sometimes I have to put it back in my checking before the end of the month, but for the last four months, I didn't. You must develop the willpower to leave it alone or you're defeating the purpose.
The other thing I do is whenever I come home with change in my pocket, I throw it into a jar. Right now I have approximately $400 in that jar (a two lb. coffee can). It's full now. The last time I cashed it in was last summer. I got around $400, so it must be about the same now. I've already started a second jar. This will be my Laurens money. This way I can go to Laurens without using a credit card, or going into my savings account. Try it. You'll be surprised how quickly it builds up. But again, you must use willpower. If keep dipping into it for an extra pack of cigarettes or 12 pack, you won't get very far.
We all like nice things. But until we can truly afford them, we have to learn to do without. If not, well, like I said, I hope you like Cup O' Noodles. At least you can eat that without teeth because chances are you won't have the $1500 - $2000 for dentures. BTW, California Medicaid, known as Medi-Cal, no longer provides vision care, or dental care for low income people. Dental-wise, the only thing provided to low-income people is teeth pulling. So here, if you're poor, and have no dental insurance and you get a toothache, that tooth will not be repaired, just pulled.
Maybe you think the federal government will help? Chances are they won't be able to, even IF they cared. The way illegals and social program frauds are draining the system, it most likely either won't be around by the time you retire, or the benefits will be cut so far back that they won't help much.
We have to face the facts. The government and their Judeo-Capitalist masters couldn't give a damn about Joe Average White Man. We're on our own out there. Until we can affect some major changes for our benefit, the only one you can count on for your future is YOU!