Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nag, Nag, Nag!

Yep comrades, it's that time of the month again! I'm referring to pledge time. Actually, it's really a little past that. Pledges really should be in the mail by about the 7th so HQ can have them by no later than the 15th.

I really hate to sound like a broken record, or a damaged CD to you younger folks, but the ANP has bills. So if you haven't sent in your pledge, please do so ASAP. Remember, if you're having financial difficulties, please let HQ know. They're understanding people. They understand that sh*t happens. That's acceptable. It's the silence that is unacceptable.

Ten dollars isn't all that much. There are party comrades who kick in a lot more. I wish I could say I was one of them, but I'm not. I send in my $10, and sometimes $15. Not meaning to make excuses, but I'm saving everything I can to get to Laurens this summer, not to mention our conference here in California. Gas wise, the California conference should cost me about $100 round trip. The price of regular gas is up to $4.25 in some places out here. For some reason the oil companies feel that Californians can afford to pay more than the rest of the country. Maybe they think we all have money here. Maybe I should show them my bank balance! LOL

Anyway, I have an idea for a new way to raise funds. I won't say what it is here on an open blog, but it's one of things we'll be discussing at our conference later this month. It won't make the ANP rich, but it will bring in extra money, which always helps.

BTW, I've almost saved enough for Laurens. Taking into account the money I'll need for the California conference, I should have enough for Laurens by the end of May, unless something unforeseen happens like major auto repairs, or some BS like that. I will NOT be driving to SC like I did last year to Tennessee. It was kind of a fun adventure, but it was just so damn grueling. I would rather not do that again too soon. I might reconsider, IF I could get three others to come with me and share gas and driving. Any less than three plus myself and it's just not worth it.

Although the California conference is completely closed to all but Official Supporters, part of the Laurens conference will be closed, part will be open. I hope to see as many of you in Laurens as possible.

Dan 88!

No comments:

Post a Comment